The Best Way To Use Video On Website In 2023
Video on website can help you attract more visitors, rank higher, and keep your customers engaged. Keep reading to learn the best way to use video in 2023.
2023 is around the corner, and the race for website visitors is fiercer than ever. People's attention spans are getting shorter, and brands are constantly thinking of better ways to entertain their leads.
If you want to stand out and establish a strong market position - including videos on your website is the way to go.
Video content is a powerful technique to connect with potential customers. It can help you rank higher, improve user experience, and differentiate yourself from competitors.
This article will cover the best ways to use video on website in 2023. Discover several video formats and how to incorporate them onto your website effectively. Let's dive in!
Why Should You Have a Video on Website?
The internet has changed many things in the world, including ourselves. Over the past few years, we've rapidly shifted from readers to viewers. Watching videos makes up more than a third of all online activity these days!
It's the perfect time to take advantage of this momentum.
Well-crafted videos are alluring, making them the ideal tool to engage your audience. They allow you to communicate in a simple but effective manner that attracts more visitors and ensures they return.
Here are a few more reasons to use website videos.
- Improve search engine rankings - Videos increase the time visitors spend on your page, which boosts your SERP (Search Engine Results Page) position.
- Establish customer trust - Using website videos is an excellent strategy to promote your products or services in a relatable manner that increases your customers' trust.
- Increase conversions - Video content allows you to connect with your audience more personally, effectively encouraging interactions and conversions.
- Stand out - Unique and creative videos help you reach more website visitors and leave a lasting impression in their minds.
How to Use Video on Your Website?
There are several incredibly effective ways to use website video. Here's a list of some of the most popular options.
Homepage videos bring websites to life. They help you present information about your company and introduce your business to potential customers. Consider them your perfect opportunity to explain who you are and WHY visitors should engage with you as opposed to your competitors.
The video on homepage makes a solid first impression. Therefore, it should be short and to the point. Most importantly, ensure that your homepage video tells the right story, specifically tailored to your target audience.
Product or Service Page Videos
You have to pique people's interest in your offer. A video showcasing your products or services is a perfect way to achieve that. This type of content lets you quickly and easily share a lot of information with your audience.
Blings' interactive video features can assist you in enhancing the user experience. Engage viewers in a self-guided video journey where they can interact with various video elements to get a deeper look at your product's specific features.
Landing Page Videos
A landing page video isn't just for show. It can significantly increase your conversion rates. Website visitors are more likely to purchase a product or service after watching a compelling video on website that closely describes your offer.
Globoplay collaborated with Blings to add landing page videos to their campaign. Personalized, dynamic videos displayed varied content to new and existing users, with relevant calls to action, resulting in a 175% increase in conversion rates!
Case Studies or Testimonials
Customer testimonials are an excellent method to demonstrate how your product or service has assisted real people and organizations. They help you bring authenticity and credibility to your marketing.
Testimonials and case study videos serve as powerful social proof. They make the message more trustworthy than just written text. Hearing from satisfied clients can help assuage doubts, and praise feels more realistic and sincere in video form.
We've all done "How to..." searches with hopes to discover useful videos. The reason is simple - watching and listening to instructions is easier than reading. Therefore, consider adding videos to the website's areas where you provide instructions or explanations.
These videos can help you establish yourself as a reliable source of information for your niche. Instructional videos may also appear at the top of search results. As a result, you gain more website visits and improve your ranking.
About Page Videos
Including video on website's about page is one of the most effective ways to convey your brand story to clients, prospects, and potential partners. These videos help communicate the atmosphere and corporate culture associated with your brand.
About Page video makes displaying your organization's personality easier and more natural. In a compelling video story, you can showcase your company's strengths and describe why working with you is worthwhile.
Recruiting And Hiring Page
Employing videos to promote positions on your recruiting or careers page may accelerate the acquisition of new talent and the publication of information about new opportunities inside your organization.
Videos on recruiting and hiring pages convey the stories and experiences of people who already work with you. You can use the video to explain what it's like to be a part of your company by showcasing its culture and providing details on typical tasks.
How to Add Videos to a Website?
After deciding on the type of video and creating it, you must determine the best method for adding video to websites. Here's what you need to know.
How to add a self-hosted video on website?
You can add a self-hosted video to your website server in the same way that you would an image file. The main advantage of self-hosting is that you have complete control over your content. It also guarantees that your video is ad-free.
However, there are some factors you should pay extra attention to. Video files are typically large and can seriously burden your server and storage capacity. These restrictions may result in a delayed loading or even freezing of your videos.
That's why partnering with a trusted video platform that provides support at every level, from developing to adding video to websites, is crucial. With a Blings video platform, you can create and easily embed dynamic, interactive solutions.
How to add third-party-hosted video on website?
There are two methods for adding third-party videos to your website. You can link to them or embed them. Embedding a video on website enables you to add it from another platform and allows your visitors to watch it directly on your page.
In contrast, linking a video shares its URL. This means that by clicking the link, users are taken to the page where the video is originally hosted. In this instance, you don't completely control your viewers' experience. Also, many free options have substantial drawbacks, such as unwanted ads and video suggestions.
Best Practices for Using Video on Websites
Now that you know how to incorporate video on website let's go over the best practices.
- Keep your message short: General recommendation is to have videos that last 30 to 90 seconds. However, the length will depend on the video's purpose. Therefore, ensure that you cover all of the essential aspects and, if necessary, divide the content over many videos. Remember, the main goal is to keep your viewers' attention!
- Create dynamic videos: Dynamic videos can adapt to the end-user, providing a more impactful, scalable, and engaging experience.Blings allows you to produce unlimited real-time variations of a single dynamic video. This way, you are ensuring the most relevant content for your audience.
- A/B test content: In marketing, we should test everything, and videos are no exception. A/B testing your videos will provide feedback and help you identify the content your audience wants. With Blings, you can A/B test video even after it has been developed, giving you more time to perfect your content and maximize ROI.
- Personalize videos: With so many videos available online, you have to compel the audience to watch yours. One of the easiest methods to divert their attention away from other options is to focus on themes closely related to your audience's interests and needs.
- Think of responsiveness: A responsive video on website enables all of its elements to be easily viewed regardless of the device the visitor uses. Since a large portion of your target audience is likely to browse the internet on mobile devices, ensure that your videos deliver a decent user experience on both desktop and mobile.
Video On Website in 2023: Choosing The Best Way
In the current digital space, one thing is certain: videos are quickly taking over as the dominant form of content. If handled correctly, they draw attention, express a specific message, and demonstrate how your product works and feels.
When choosing the best way to incorporate video on website in 2023, remember that it is always a part of the bigger picture. Take everything into consideration: from the video placement to the look of your CTAs. And keep the end user in mind at all times. People are tired of cold, generic content, so you should stand out with interactive, personalized videos that keep their attention.
Most importantly, ensure you seek the right video platform to help create the most captivating videos for your business. Contact Blings today to learn more about how our platform may help with your next campaign.